With so many applications out there for twitter, it’s hard to know what works for you. I have listed just a few of my favorite. I hope you’ll check them out when you have time – would also love to hear any thoughts on my list and additions!
- TweetMiner – This is an application that I am a big fan of. It’s important to note that I am an approved affiliate for this program. I use this program for my business and that of my clients. It’s an awesome way to schedule content for your twitter feed. Searching for content that is appropriate for your account takes a lot of time. This application brings it to you! It saves me so much time. Not only can I find the content, but I can share that content throughout the day. Even when I’m at work or on other appointments – my account is sharing appropriate content with my followers. This application does a lot more, take a look at the demo when you have time! The fee to get unlimited benefits varies. I am currently using the $10/month program and have not had any problems yet with running up to that accounts limits.
- TweetDeck – Tweetdeck is a follow your followers heaven! Have those favorite followers you want to watch their feeds? – set them up separately on this app and always be in “the know” with them. Not only that – facebook is integrated on this application. If you have facebook fanpages for your company and a twitter account. This is a great way to be in one spot – share information with both accounts open. Time saving indeed. I also love the search feature on this program. You can set-up keyword search within twitter and target those people that talk about the things relating to you or your business.
- Social Oomph – Social Oomph is an application with a ton of features. It has the ability to scheduled tweets, automatically follow and un-follow people, track keywords, extended twitter profiles and the list goes on. Lots there and to get the really good stuff – you need to pay. It’s not cheap. If you are serious about utilizing your twitter account – this is the app for you!
- HootSuite – This is the professional’s app. It links to your LinkedIn account, ping, facebook and twitter. Hootsuite has an iPhone app. Working in Marketing within a company – it has brand monitoring and also a toolbar that pops up whenever you share your links through it’s system. The toolbar that pops up allows tracking and further sharing. It’s an amazing program! This one is worth the look!
- Seesmic – Seesmic seems to be the best used app on droid and blackberry according to user reviews. Seesmic is an application that can be used on the web, your phone and desktop. Thwirl is also a product of Seesmic. The look that seismic creates and let’s you customize is what makes this application stand out above the rest. While the others are utilitarian, this allows personal customization. Check out the site and the demo to see for yourself if this is the app for you!
These are my 5 best twitter applications to use as of today! I can guarantee things will change again. That’s what make this digital revolution we are in so much fun!
Contact me for follow-up or other suggestions!
Author: Jennifer Stinnett is Director of Relocation / Business Development for a real estate firm and also provides community management solutions to company’s for professional new media marketing / branding. Jennifer’s List of Services can be found on her site http://JenniferStinnett.com