There is a method to my madness. A process for my success. Using a combination of creativity and experience; each one of my projects has a uniqueness and innovation from conception to site launch. I’ve condensed this process to a few items.
Let’s start off by looking at the steps we’ll be taking to get your project from start to finish.
- Architecture – Per Wikipedia, “The art and science of organizing and labeling data including: websites, intranets, online communities, software, books and other mediums of information, to support usability.” Basically, just like a building, a website needs a solid blueprint. Proper site architecture is crucial. There are three areas included in site architecture; technical, aesthetic and functional. Together we’ll determine the best way to organize your website and sketch out a rough outline.
- Content – With a solid blueprint in place it will be your job to collect, organize, edit, and deliver to me content for each page of the website. You can add the site content after the site design is complete. Usually I use filler content while the site is being developed.
- Design – This is the stage when the overall visual appearance of the site is created. Usually this is done is a multi step phase that includes creating wire frames and PSD files. Design phase is the process that relates to the front end/client side of the website. The combined aesthetics and mechanics of the website, but mainly focused on the look and feel.
- Development – With all the necessary architecture, content, and design elements in hand I’ll create the first working version of your website on a test domain. This is known as my digital work space.
- Launch – getting your website “go live” ready will inevitably require several rounds of revisions and polish. Once the website is ready, we’ll go through the final launch checklist and move the site from my digital work space to your domain hosting.
- Warranty – Now that your site is now live, I will still be here for any problems or issues. Over the next 30 days I will be working with you on how to manage the website and helping you solve any issues free of charge.
- Communicating Effectively – During your project communication will be non-stop with emails and phone calls (when needed).